Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reaction to First Term Report Card Marks

     Honestly speaking, I'm not sure how others are feeling with regards to marks right now, but I'm already freaking out. Personally, Grade 12 has been a successful year so far for various reasons. Mainly, I think the reason my marks have been as high as they have been is due to the fact that we've been granted more freedom in course selections. Because I'm in classes that I enjoy, my own self-expectations are higher because I want to succeed not only academically but I feel the need to excel in things that I have cherished more than previous courses. My marks are probably the highest I've had throughout my entire High School career, and it's motivating and rewarding, however now I have higher expectations. Considering the fact that I'm already falling behind, I'm concerned that my second report card wont be as impressive or ill feel as though I failed to improve. The problem will be trying to maintain my grades and improving them. So considering my own situation, it's intimidating to think that Universities will be more focused on my second report card than my first. What if my grades drop? What if one class brings down my entire average? Of course I'm not the only one concerned, but the fact it, the programs I wish to apply too are highly competative and if I want to make it, I need any last percent that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment